Monday, July 30, 2012

Mosquito Chase 5K

The Mosquito Festival is a pretty big event for Clute, Texas. They do a great job of putting together a fun filled weekend, with activities for everyone.  Check their site out at http://www.mosquitofestival.com/ Lin Richey is an awesome event coordinator, and put flyers for the West Brazos 5K in the 156 race packets that went out to the participants of the Mosquito Chase 5K.  I brought the kids out for the free kids run that started at 7:15.  They did much better than at the Firecracker kids run.  They also were they to cheer me on for my 5K.  It was hot and humid, but I expected this.  I forgot to wear my sunglasses which did bother me during the race even though we started at 7:30 am.  I also had issues with my music.  I listen to music via my iphone and voice control would come on in the middle of my song and stop my music.  I haven't figured out how to disable this, but it was irritating.  I finished the race in 28:43 which is no where near my best time.  I know I've been slower lately and haven't spent the time doing speed intervals like I should.  Plus the heat does account for some of it.  I was 4th in my age group.  Took the kids to ride rides after the race.  I came back that evening to eat barbeque from the Cook Off and listen to Keven Fowler play some country music.  A good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment